What is a chaplain?
- Is ordained or lay, with varied life experiences, and with an ear to listen to and care for people and communities.
- Interacts with people for their emotional and spiritual well being.
- Offers confidential, non-judgmental support about all aspects of life and work.
- Is motivated by the Christian faith from which they come and has a heart to serve and care for people and communities.
- Is not there to preach but to offer care and comfort, and a listening ear.
How does chaplaincy work?
- A chaplain's visits are organised with the agreement of the staff and management.
- A chaplain remains independent of the company or business he or she visits.
- A chaplain, as a representative of the local churches, acts as a bridge builder with the company or business.
- The chaplaincy is not a formal counselling service and should be regarded as complementing existing provision and services.
- The chaplaincy service is open to all without discrimination and is confidential.
If you would like the services of a chaplain, please contact us.